Diploma in Psychology, Counselling and Mental Health
Go deep with a Diploma in Psychology & CounsellingConsisting of a bundle of seven programs that could lead you to a Diploma of Mental Health, in this instance, our psychology courses explore counselling skills and include a Certificate in Psychology & Counselling. Use these psychology courses to explore elements of self-awareness, discover how perceptions are shaped, and discover what different levels of self-disclosure mean for relationships. Understand some theories behind the techniques used in effective counselling skills and work towards building a more meaningful life. Enrol now and start making waves in the world.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Deepen your understanding
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand the responsibilities involved in a counselling career
- Learn ways support can be offered to clients by counsellors
- Discover listening and reflection techniques you can apply at work
- Access the International Association for Counselling (IAC) Journal
- FREE 12-month IAC student membership on completion
- Connect with opportunities in the field of counselling
- Study while you work – flexible counselling & psychology courses
- The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- Consciousness and Perception
- Psychological Development
- Needs, Drives and Motivation
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Understanding Counselling
- Ethics & Confidentiality
- Understanding the Self
- Emotions and Behaviour
- Referral Practice
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Helping Yourself and Others
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Suicide Risk & Intervention
- Recognise & Respond to Domestic Violence
- Aged Care and Support Services
- Psychotherapeutic and Pharmacological Treatments in Mental Health
- Ethical Responsibilities of Mental Health Professionals
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €899.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Approximately 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally, complete one module per week.