Diploma in Child & Youth Counselling
This is a course where you can make a world of difference for children and young people. It’s a fascinating and highly detailed course where you’ll learn about theories of childhood development that include morality, cognition and psychosocial; as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules in this course will provide you with the wonderful opportunity to learn about many specialist and generalist areas.
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
~300 Hours | 12 Months Access
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Improve Other Peoples Lives
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Get started for just €499
Or from only €25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling, management or education
- Understand how to deal with people positively by knowing their behaviour
- Learn online, at your own pace, with expert tutor support by phone and email
- Use your skills to motivate people in your career and personal life.
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The newborn infant
- States and senses of the infant
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Sexuality & Morality
- Life Crises
- Physical Development
- Intellectual Development
- Emotional Development
- Social Development
- Moral Development
- Adolescents and the Transition to Adulthood
- Learning specific counselling skills
- Listening and bonding
- Interview techniques
- Changing beliefs and normalising
- Finding solutions
- Ending the counselling
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
This course costs €499 or only €25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
* Excluding €25 administration fee