PSCI1015 – Certificate in Youth Development and Counselling
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents?
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
You will also learn more general psychology which can be applied to people of all ages, or focusing on specific areas for counselling. You can study this flexible course in your own home and at your own pace, and you will have support from our experienced and highly qualified tutors.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Learn about the counselling process and how to talk to people and children about their problems
- Advance your career by improving your communication and people management skills
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to adolescents
- Enrol to the three courses together with this bundle and save money!
This Youth Counselling Course is for
Anyone working in schools, youth work, child and adolescent counselling, child psychology or other caring roles. It will also be of great interest to parents and those who deal with children or teenagers.
The Career Academy’s Psychology & Counselling graduates are often employed in Mental Health Practices, schools or counselling practices. Upon completion of this course, you can expect to hold job titles such as:
- Welfare and Social Worker
- Mental illness Support Worker
- Rehabilitation and Health Care Support Work
- Life Coach
Occupational Therapists made the Independent Irelands list of leading occupation’s in demand recently. This has therefore resulted in an increase in supply for psychology and counselling related jobs. The salary range for Psychology & Counselling graduates being between €20,000 – €40,000 per year. Psychology & Counselling graduates tend to work in Health Care and Social Assistance, Education and Training, Public Administration and Safety.
Sources: Pay Scale Ireland, Independent Ireland
★★★★★ – “I really enjoyed my course, it was readable, appropriate and furthered my knowledge like I wanted. Thank you Career Academy.”. –Najiha Syeda
★★★★★ – “The tutors are awesome they give great feedback on assignments, they are so efficient. They mark assessments in a timely manner so you are not waiting too long for results or for resits.” – Charlotte Kahukiwa
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Courses: 3 courses, one at a time.
Assessments: 28 modules / 28 assignments
Duration: Approximately 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified counsellors with many years working experience.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete with the option to extend if necessary.
PSCU1001 – Child Psychological Development
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Child Psychology
- PSCG214 – The newborn infant
- PSCG204 – States and senses of the infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions
- PSCG110 – Cognitive development
- PSCG156 – Language development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation
- PSCG197 – Sexuality & Morality
PSCU1014 – Adolescent Psychological Development
- PSCG151 – Introduction
- PSCG159 – Life Crises
- PSCG177 – Physical Development
- PSCG147 – Intellectual Development
- PSCG127 – Emotional Development
- PSCG198 – Sexuality
- PSCG199 – Social Development
- PSCG168 – Moral Development
- PSCG102 – Adolescents and the Transition to Adulthood
PSCU1003 – Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning specific counselling skills
- PSCG161 – Listening and bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing beliefs and normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending the counselling
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!