Certificate in Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Develop your toolbox & gain powerful insight.This Career Academy course delivers valuable tools and insights to help you better understand children and adolescents’ mental health challenges. This certificate offers critical knowledge for anyone guiding a child through these crucial formative years. Learn how depression and anxiety are often treated and understand issues that can arise from abuse and neglect. Discover some ways health professionals treat eating disorders, tics and symptoms of brain injury. Enrol now to experience an online learning opportunity that imparts a clear framework for understanding the specific mental health challenges children and adolescents face.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understanding Normal Childhood Development
- Good Mental Health
- Understanding Childhood Mental Illness
- Prevalence Of Mental Health Issues In Children And Adolescents
- Differences To Adult Mental Health
- An Introduction To The Mental Health Industry
- Types Of Depression In Childhood
- Diagnosis Of Depression In Children
- Causes Of Childhood Depression
- Assessing Risk Of Suicide
- Scope And Nature Of Anxiety Disorders
- Different Types Of Anxiety Disorders
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders
- Adolescent Anxiety Disorders
- Other Anxiety Related Problems
- Introduction To Tic Disorders
- Types Of Tics
- Gilles De La Tourette Syndrome (Tourette’s Disorder)
- Transient Tic Disorder
- Chronic Tic Disorder
- Tic Disorder (Nos)
- Differences To Adults
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Congenital Malformations
- Genetic Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Environmental Toxins
- Elimination Disorders
- Feeding And Eating Disorders Of Childhood
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Stereotypic Movement Disorder
- Child Abuse
- Definition Of Child Abuse
- Factitious Disorder By Proxy
- The Effects Of Abuse
- Attachment Issues
- Significant Disorders Of Adolescence
- Drug Treatments
- Food And Mental Health
- Alternative Therapies
Student chooses something of interest.
- Develop your understanding of youth-focused care
- Understand the unique mental health journey of children & adolescents
- Learn how to differentiate between regular behavioural shifts and developing issues
- Gather insights to understand better how different people navigate life
- Examine treatment pathways and the types of therapies that could be applied
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation