Certificate in Careers Counselling
Use career counselling to help people change their livesBegin a career counselling certificate online and discover who is best suited to running a business, effective routes to particular careers, and ways to assist those who want to build one. Choose a Certificate in Career Counselling to understand how to identify opportunities and support a realistic viewpoint regarding career goals. Use your career counselling online to guide someone through writing a business plan, identify easy paths to a change in career, and support people while they hunt for jobs. Enrol now to explore your capacity to support others through change.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Discover the skills required to become an effective career counsellor
- Help clients learn new ways to approach challenging ideas
- Learn how to help people find meaningful employment
- Understand what it means to make sound career decisions
- Explore the difference between a realistic & unrealistic career goal
- Discover techniques to nurture and grow a career and plan for change
- Role play a counselling session to practise and evaluate your skills
- Definitions: career, careers counselling, counselling
- Broad employment options
- Services offered in the employment industry
- Assmptions about career counselling practices
- Cross cultural careers counselling
- Elements of career building and job seeking
- Factors contributing to career success
- Realistic expectations
- Range of options
- Case study
- Employer considerations: qualifications, experience,personality, age, adaptability, productivity, etc
- Case study
- Career counselling services
- Careers and vocational guidence
- Vocational planning
- Setting goals
- Job seeking supportJob seeking strategies
- Other services
- Key areas for career counselling
- Helping clients focus on reality
- Helping clients identify opportunities
- Helping clients consider all elements
- Overcoming resistance from clients
- Listening skills
- Questioning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Essential reality checks
- Improving clients predictive ability
- Why people come to a career counsellor
- Strategies to develop trust
- A career counselling session
- Individuals who know the job they want
- Psychometric testing for individuals still choosing a career
- Types of psychological tests that may be used
- Referring people elsewhere
- Understanding youth
- Career counselling for adolescents
- Assisting indecisive teenagers
- Career counselling for students
- Giving advice on study
- Choosing a course
- Workshops for students
- Workshops for university students
- Resources for counselling students
- Identifying adult needs The training program
- Advice and support during job hunting
- Course of action
- Career changing
- Easiest paths to career change
- Challenging path to career change
- Starting a business
- Case study
- Writing a business plan
- Ways of finding work
- Supporting clients decisions
- Prospecting for work
- Tips on getting a job
- Writing resumes (CV’s)
- Preparing for a job interview
- Getting a job is only the first step in a career
- Self management for business people
- Marketing and pricing
- Case study
- Advising clients about career advancement
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €100 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €499.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Careers Counsellor.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
No. You can become a professional Careers Counsellor by completing The Career Academy’s Certificate in Careers Counselling.