Certificate in Animal Health Care
Gain foundation knowledge to work with animalsOur animal health care courses introduce you to several facets of the animal health sector, including horse psychology, holiday care and some terminology and practices used by Veterinarians. Discover common ailments experienced by domestic animals and grasp signs and behaviours that may require treatment. Realise the safety concerns present when treating particular animals, including identifying how to lift heavy animals and correctly store and handle medicines. Enrol in our animal health care courses to extend your knowledge of the animal health industry and pinpoint opportunities that could align with your career goals.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn proper terms used in the animal health care sector
- Build a career that allows you to work with animals every day
- Learn the correct methods for transporting particular animals
- Grow your knowledge of horse psychology
- Discover ways dogs communicate with each other
- Find out what is involved in managing a veterinarian’s office
- Look into ways ill health may be prevented in animals
- Nature And Scope Of Veterinary Services
- Private Veterinary Practices
- Other Veterinary Services; Laboratories, Quarantine, Agriculture Departments, Pharmaceutical Companies, Educational, Etc
- Other Animal Services; Breeders, Holiday Care, Etc.
- Animal Welfare And Control
- Veterinary Services
- Code Of Practice
- Transporting Animals
- Causes Of Ill Health
- Nutritional Problems
- Living Organisms
- Family Pets Common Conditions
- Caged Birds
- Aquarium Fish
- Wild Animals Common Conditions
- Communication In Dogs
- Body Language
- Handling Cats
- Bird Language
- Types Of Behaviour
- Time Orientation
- Space Orientation
- Territorial Behaviour
- Horse Psychology
- Vital Signs
- The Healthy Animal
- Signs & Symptoms Of Diseases
- Recognising Ill Health
- Diagnosis Of Diseases
- Taking Smears
- Taking Tissue Samples
- Diagnosis And Control Of Different Types Of Diseases Including
- Types Of Facilities; Clinic, Hospital, Mobile Facility, Emergency Facility, Etc
- First Aid Kit; Aids For Diagnosis, Instruments, Medicines, Preparations, Etc
- Record Management
- Enclosure For Animals
- Environmental Requirements
- Duty Of Care
- Lifting Heavy Weights
- Reducing Back Injury
- Protective Equipment
- Dealing With Chemicals
- Skin Penetrating Injuries
- Risk Categories
- Separating Animals
- Disposal Of Dead/Infected Tissues
- Dangerous Non-Animal Wastes
- Storage And Handling Of Medicines
- Handling Larger Animals
- Animal Insurance
- Importing Animals
- Managing A Veterinary Office
- Telephone Usage
- Record Keeping
- Filing Information
- Types Of Wounds
- Treating And Cleaning Wounds
- Granulating Wounds
- Stitching A Wound
- Bone And Joint Problems
- Broken Bones
- Tendon Injury
- Restraining Animals During First Aid
- Restraining Cats
- Restraining Dogs
- Restraining Horses
- Restraining Cattle
- Restraining Sheep
- Preventing Ill Health
- Balanced Diet
- Insect Control
- Comparing Natural Active Immunity, Artificial Active Immunity, Natural Passive Immunity, And Artificial Active Immunity
- Tetanus Antiserum
- Types Of Vaccines
- Alternatives To Vaccination
- Avoid Stressing Livestock
- Tubal Ligation
- Castration Of Cats
- Gestation Periods
- Anaesthesia And Analgesia
- Preparing An Animal For Surgery
- Sterilising Equipment
- Castrating A Colt
- Urinary Tract Infections;
- Fish Problems
- Scope Of Rehabilitation
- Planning A Recovery
- Animal Nursing
- The Hospital Pen
- Monitoring Temperature, Pulse, Respiration
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €100 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to enrol on this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors – call 01 437 8559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course costs €499.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could work towards a career in animal health care.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
To become a Vet Nurse, you must study for at least 2-3 years at a Diploma or Degree level. This Certificate in Animal Health Care is an excellent introduction for those considering further study in this field.