Certificate in Child Development
Learn how children develop psychologically and what influences their behaviour & thinking
- Extend your knowledge of child behaviour and child development.
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Clear, in-depth information
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
Learn how children develop psychologically as they grow, and what factors (such as learning, parenting styles, reinforcement and genetic makeup) influence their behaviour and thinking. Anyone who lives or works with children will gain valuable insights into child behaviour.
The healthcare industry is Irelands largest employer. The Department of Health estimates that there will be a 4.3% increase in jobs over the next 5 years resulting in an increase in supply for Medical Reception related jobs. The salary range for health graduates is between €18 556 – €22,728. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance.
Sources: Neuvoo Ireland, Department of Health
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Covering two comprehensive modules. A combination of multiple choice, short answers, essays, etc.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 120 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 12 weeks.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
- PSCG230 – Child Development – Birth to Three Years
- PSCG231 – Behaviour Management
- PSCG232 – Introduction to Child Nutrition
- PSCG233 – Nutrition in Pre-Pregnancy
- PSCG234 – Nutrition in Pregnancy
- PSCG235 – Nutrition in Infants
- PSCG236 – Nutrition in Childhood
- PSCG237 – Nutritional Concerns
- PSCG238 – Healthy Eating Behaviour
- PSCG239 – Issues with Obesity
- PSCG240 – Diet Plans
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Child Psychology
- PSCG214 – The newborn infant
- PSCG204 – States and senses of the infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions and Socialisation
- PSCG110 – Cognitive development
- PSCG156 – Language development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation – Part A
- PSCG169 – Morality
- PSCG197 – Child Sexuality
- PSCG201 – Socialisation – Part B
This Course is accredited by ICOES
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!