Certificate in Child Development
Increase your understanding, learn & growStarting a child development certificate online is a great way to gather skills and information that could enhance your parenting experience. Discover basic child development from birth to three years, understand factors influencing child development and look at cognitive and language development stages. Explore how nutrition affects child growth and development, and behaviour and consider morality and sexuality as developmental stages. Learn ways to aid development with pregnancy and pre-pregnancy food choices and grasp the primary goals of behaviour management. Enrol now to increase your knowledge of child development psychology.
Or Call 01 437 8559
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Deepen your understanding
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
THE COURSE REALLY SPARKED A HUGE CONNECTION WITH ME FOR FURTHERING PSYCHOLOGY WHICH I NEVER KNEW I HAD!
- Discover theories on the stages of cognitive development
- Learn about different types of play and how each is important
- Examine differences between authoritative and authoritarian parenting styles
- Develop knowledge around cognitive processes, memory & development
- Learn to nurture your child in ways that grow your confidence
- Study at your own place online – great for expectant or nursing parents
- Learn skills to help children grow & develop in positive ways
- Child Development – Birth to Three Years
- Behaviour Management
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Nutrition in Pre-Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Infants
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Nutritional Concerns
- Healthy Eating Behaviour
- Issues with Obesity
- Diet Plans
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The newborn infant
- States and senses of the infant
- Emotions and Socialisation
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Socialisation – Part A
- Child Sexuality
- Socialisation – Part B
FREE membership to the International Association for Counselling
Upon successful completion of this course, you’ll receive a 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling. This membership includes a number of fantastic benefits:
- FREE 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling on completion
- Access to thousands of counselling articles through the International Association for Counselling Journal
- Interactive webinars and newsletters to keep you update to date with the latest industry trends
- Connect with opportunities in the field of counselling
- Gain contacts in the field and get access to networking opportunities
- Counselling conference and events discounts
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have over 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €399.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 120 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.