PSCI1020 – Certificate in Child Development
Gain insights into child behaviour
This certificate in child development is focused for people wanting to or already are working with children as well as anyone wanting to develop skills for a career in childcare. This certificate is comprised of the following courses – Certificate in Children’s Development & Nutrition, plus the Certificate in Child Psychology.
It helps parents and child care workers understand how they can provide an environment that nurtures a child’s development.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Extend your knowledge of child behaviour and child development.
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Clear, in-depth information
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
Learn how children develop psychologically as they grow, and what factors (such as learning, parenting styles, reinforcement and genetic makeup) influence their behaviour and thinking. Anyone who lives or works with children will gain valuable insights into child behaviour.
This course is designed for
- Parents wanting a greater understanding of their child’s behaviour
- Anyone wanting to build or enhance their career in child care
- Childcare worker
Who should study this?
- Au Pairs
- New Parents
- Those looking to improve their child’s prospects
- Those looking to work with children
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you can expect to hold job titles such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Health and Safety Officer
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
- First-Aid Specialist
- Safety Manager
The healthcare industry is Irelands largest employer. The Department of Health estimates that there will be a 4.3% increase in jobs over the next 5 years resulting in an increase in supply for Medical Reception related jobs. The salary range for health graduates is between €18 556 – €22,728. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance.
Sources: Neuvoo Ireland, Department of Health
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Covering two comprehensive modules. A combination of multiple choice, short answers, essays, etc.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 120 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 12 weeks.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
This Course Covers Two Comprehensive Subjects
Children’s Development & Nutrition
- PSCG230 – Child Development – Birth to Three Years
- PSCG231 – Behaviour Management
- PSCG232 – Introduction to Child Nutrition
- PSCG233 – Nutrition in Pre-Pregnancy
- PSCG234 – Nutrition in Pregnancy
- PSCG235 – Nutrition in Infants
- PSCG236 – Nutrition in Childhood
- PSCG237 – Nutritional Concerns
- PSCG238 – Healthy Eating Behaviour
- PSCG239 – Issues with Obesity
- PSCG240 – Diet Plans
Child Psychological Development
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Child Psychology
- PSCG214 – The newborn infant
- PSCG204 – States and senses of the infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions and Socialisation
- PSCG110 – Cognitive development
- PSCG156 – Language development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation – Part A
- PSCG169 – Morality
- PSCG197 – Child Sexuality
- PSCG201 – Socialisation – Part B
What our students say
★★★★★ “The team are always supportive and actively support me whenever I hit a speed bump.. I will be continuing with further study with The Career Academy.” – Sharne Harding-Loveridge
★★★★★ “The course is good and gives a lot of information I wouldn’t have known and the tutors are really helpful and get back to me very quickly.” – Nicole Tuckey
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!