AAT Accounting Technician Pathway for Bookkeepers
Start where you are and build upwardsDiscover how far you can go with accounting technician training. Accelerate your career or manage your business and join Accounting Technicians Ireland-wide in the fascinating world of numbers. This accounting technician course accelerates your learning by starting with the Certificate in Bookkeeping, and moving on to the Diploma in Accounting, after which you will attain AAT Accounting Technician status with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). Understand financial statements, basic, advanced, taxation, and management accounting – and learn to manage tasks effectively. Enrol to learn and grow with AAT online study.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Bookkeeping
Be awarded with an industry-recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand the purpose of accounting
- Gain advanced accounting software skills
- Get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Bolster your CV with this industry-recognised AAT qualification
- Let employers know you mean business
- Student Membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians
- Gain Graduate Membership to IPA
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Bookkeeping Using Microsoft Excel
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing
- Demonstrate the importance of professional ethics
- Evaluate the audited entity’s system of internal control
- Evaluate audit procedures for obtaining audit evidence
- Evaluate the planning process
- Evaluate audit procedures
Receive a FREE student membership association to the Institute of Accountants and Bookkeepers
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €349
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €349 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €1,250.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. While you can study in your own time, at your own pace, you should allocate up to 6 months for the Certificate and 12 months for the Diploma.
Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Accounting Technician, Bookkeeper, Office Administrator, Financial Controller or Payroll Administrator.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Yes, with further study. You can apply the foundation knowledge you acquire with our Accounting Technician Pathway for Bookkeepers to study towards becoming a Chartered Accountant (CA). To become a Chartered Accountant, you must complete a degree, several CA programs, and three years of mentored practical experience.