AAT Accounting Pathway Program
Become an AAT Qualified Accounting Technician!
- Fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Gain AAT Student Membership – processed within the first month of enrolling.
- Get access to The Career Center – get a FREE CV Review & job tips to help you succeed
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Get a formal qualification and become a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Gain AAT Professional Membership – once you successfully complete this qualification and meet the AAT membership criteria, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
Potential Career Outcomes
This qualification prepares you to take on a huge range of practical Accounting roles. The Career Academy’s Accounting graduates are often employed in small businesses or within the finance department of larger companies. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as, Accountant, Bookkeeper or Accounting Technician.
Investment: €1,250 or from only €25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email.
Duration: Approximately 400 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Start date: Get Instant access within 1 business day
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 18 months until you complete.
Comprising the following
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting using Microsoft Excel
- Accounting & Business Prior Knowledge Quiz
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing
- Demonstrate the importance of professional ethics
- Evaluate the audited entity’s system of internal control
- Evaluate audit procedures for obtaining audit evidence
- Evaluate the planning process
- Evaluate audit procedures
The availability of accounting-related roles in Ireland is expected to increase in the next few years resulting in a 3.9% increase in average wages across the Accounting profession. The salary range for Accountants ranging between €30,000 – €48,000 per year.
Sources: Jobs Ireland, CPL Jobs Ireland
Certificate in Accounting
Take the first step with our Certificate in Accounting which will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of bookkeeping and business accounting. Gain employment and improve your career prospects by increasing your competence and skills in practical accounting areas.
AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
Step two is completing the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting. This compressive qualification covers higher accounting tasks, including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluation of financial performance. This comprehensive course builds on the practical accounting skills and knowledge obtained through the Certificate in Bookkeeping. It will further enhance your accounting skills, enabling you to pursue a career in accounting, finance or business.
*To be eligible to pursue the AAT Professional Membership you are required to complete the AAT Student Membership within two weeks of starting this program, followed by six AAT Exam Assessments. By completing the assessments within this course, you qualify for an exemption from three of these exams and you must complete the other three exams on-site at one of the AAT Approved facilities to gain AAT Professional Membership. You must successfully complete the assessments in this course, plus the three AAT exams to be awarded the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting.
This Course is accredited by ICOES
The International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!