AAT Accounting Pathway Program
Advance Your Accounting Career & Earn MoreThis accounting course online Ireland-wide will get your career moving. Find out what it takes to become an accountant by learning accounting online and become an Accounting Technician with The Career Academy’s unique accounting pathways. Accounting Technicians work in all areas of finance and business, including assisting with preparing accounts, bookkeeping, managing staff payroll, and receiving and paying invoices. Study AAT Accounting to learn basic, advanced, management and tax accounting skills and accounting software. You will gain task management skills, explore financial statements and become better prepared to enter the profession. Enrol in our AAT accounting courses online today to work towards advancing your career.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Advance your accounting career
Be awarded with an industry-recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Upskill and enjoy increased earning potential
- Move your Accounting career forward
- Make new industry connections to access expert advice & support
- Attain Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) status & become a full member of AAT
- Gain complimentary membership to the Institute of Public Accountants
- Get student membership with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Get access to The Career Center – get a FREE CV Review & job tips to help you succeed
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting using Microsoft Excel
- Accounting & Business Prior Knowledge Quiz
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing
- Demonstrate the importance of professional ethics
- Evaluate the audited entity’s system of internal control
- Evaluate audit procedures for obtaining audit evidence
- Evaluate the planning process
- Evaluate audit procedures
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €349
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €349 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Unique to The Career Academy, the Accounting Pathway Program will advance your accounting career and enable you to gain Accounting Technician status. Comprised of three components, this course is designed to qualify you for the accounting industry.
You’ll complete the AAT Certified Accounting Technician component after completing the Certificate in Accounting and Diploma in Accounting.
This course costs €1,250.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Yes, you can apply for RPL for this if you already have other accounting qualifications or experience.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Although you can study in your own time, at your own pace, you should allow 6 months for the certificate component and 12 months for the diploma. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can simply apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Accounting Technician. Accounting Technicians work across a wide range of finance and business, including assisting with preparing accounts, managing staff payroll, receiving and paying invoices and general bookkeeping.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
An AAT Qualification is an internationally recognised certification. Being AAT Qualified gives employers the confidence that you meet internationally recognised standards.