Certificate in Wildlife Management Course Guide
Upskill and improve your career prospects and earning capabilities with The Career Academy. Watch this video and download your free info pack to find out more.
Dive into rich Pet & Animal Care Courses.
Grow your Animal Care Business, learn to render medical assistance to animals and understand wildlife.
Certificate in Wildlife Management Course Guide
- Ecosystems and Populations
- The Development of Life
- Animals, Parasites and Endangered Species
- Fungi, Tundra, Rainforests and MarshlandsFungi, Tundra, Rainforests and Marshlands
- Mountains, Rivers and DesertsMountains, Rivers and Deserts
- Shallow Waters
- Ecological Problems
- Vertebrate Taxonomy and Diversity Taxonomic classifications (Kingdom, Phylum, Division, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species)
- Fishes Fish Diversity (major groups)
- Ectotherms – Amphibians and Reptiles
- Birds -Physiology (Structure) and Anatomy, Feathers, Colour, Legs, Skeletal structure, Muscles, Senses, Behaviour (Flight, Diving, etc)
- Mammals (Mammalia)
- Marsupials -Subclass Theria
- Grandorders Glires and Insectivora
- Hoofed Mammals (Ungulata: Includes seven orders)Hoofed Mammals (Ungulata: Includes seven orders)
- Primates and other Archonta. This grandorder is sub divided into four sub orders
- Problem-Based Learning Project
- Introduction to Wildlife Management
- Wildlife Ecology
- Wildlife Habitats
- Population Dynamics
- Carrying Capacity
- Wildlife Censuses
- Wildlife Management Techniques
- Wildlife Management Law and Administration
- Wildlife Management Case Study Research Project
- Introduction to Environmental Assessment
- Overview of Environmental Assessment
- International Environmental Law
- Domestic Environmental Law
- Types of Environmental Assessments
- The Design and Process of Environmental Assessment
- Writing Environmental Reports
- Research Project
Electives - Select 2
- Marine Ecology Systems
- Shallow Waters & Reefs
- Shellfish & Crustaceans
- Squid, Octopus, and Other Primitive Animals
- Fish Part A
- Fish Part B
- Marine Mammals
- Turtles, Sea Snakes and Seabirds
- Human Impact on Marine Environments & Fishing
- Classification and Introduction to Bird watching
- The Biology of Birds
- Common and Widespread Land Birds
- Giant Birds and Long Legged Birds
- Seabirds and Water birds
- Hunters -Birds of Prey, Owls, and Kingfishers
- Other Birds
- Attracting, Feeding and Keeping Birds
- Scope and Nature of Animal Welfare
- Psychology and Sentience
- Managing Animal Welfare
- Animal Protection Services
- Animal Rescue Services
- Animal Health Services
- Animal Welfare for Pets, Work Animals and Animals in Sport
- Animal Welfare for Farm Animals
- Animal Welfare for Wildlife: Free and Captive
- Scope and Nature of Forage Resources
- Grassland Species and Ecosystems
- Fodder Trees & Shrubs
- Forage Establishment
- Forage Management
- Forage Quality and Use
- Forage (animal) related disorders
- Preserving Forage as Hay & Silage
- Introduction to Herpetology
- Class Reptilia (Reptiles)
- Reptile Biology
- Class Amphibia (Amphibians)
- Amphibian Biology
- Ecology of Reptiles
- Ecology of Amphibians
- Conservation Issues
- Keeping Reptiles and Amphibians
- Introduction to Primates –scope, nature, anatomy & physiology, evolution and taxonomy
- The Strepsirhines
- The Haplorhines
- Diet and Nutrition re environment feed and supplements in a nature park environment
- Health – Illness Pests and diseases specific to above
- Primate Behaviour in the Wild
- Psychological Wellbeing in Primates in Captivity
- Breeding programmes and optimum resources needed for this
- Conservation in the wild -of individual breeds?
- Managing primates in Captivity
Here’s why they chose us:
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
FAQs about our Animal Care course
There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to enrol on this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors – call 01 437 8559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course costs €499.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work in parks, reserves or wildlife administration.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Caring for wildlife can start with pest control, habitat regeneration or learning to care for trees, streams and other flora. If you are considering a career in wildlife care, The Career Academy Certificate in Wildlife Management is a great jumping-off point.