Diploma in Medical Secretary
Become a qualified medical secretary & work in a medical practice or departmentThis course will teach you all the vital skills you need to work in a medial environment. You’ll learn about medical terminology, medical transcription, plus how to create and maintain a professional medical office or department. Covering everything from creating and managing healthcare records to preparing medical reports in excel, with this course you’ll find just how valuable it is when it comes to opening doors in the medical profession.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Investment & Payment
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship ManagementOptional:
- Introduction to Medtech Evolution
- Introduction to Medical Transcription
- Tools of the Trade
- Understanding Medical Records
- Listening Carefully
- Grammar, Sentence Structure, and Punctuation
- Medical Terminology and Spelling
- Report Formatting and Word Processing
- Checking Your Work
- Classification Systems, and Discharge and Death Summaries
- Infections, Blood, and Cells
- The Nuts and Bolts of Working as an MT
- Get qualified as a medical secretary and gain employment in a medical environment.
- Understand medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Gain a professional certificate recognised by employers.
- Work with an experienced tutors and other students to successfully complete your course.
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion.
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional.
- This course has been accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES), which guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 0800342829 or email them at email@example.com
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee less a $50 + GST administration fee.
Our qualifications prepare you take on a huge range of practical based roles. Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise for jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.