ADMI1007 – Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Understand medical terminology and become a Certified Medical Receptionist!
Developed by health experts, this course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. No previous medical training or experience necessary.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a certificate and become a certified medical receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible online study with unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Get a FREE 12-month membership to Irish Association of Healthcare Assistants on completion
- Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide – Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessment: 20 modules / 20 assignments
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Duration: Approximately 200 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: On successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
This course is designed for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or transcription
What does a medical receptionist do?
Certified medical receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
Get a FREE bonus module on how to use MedTech
Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
Medical Reception covers the following modules
ADMG139 – Role of a Receptionist
ADMG170 – Medical Reception Service Skills
ADMG148 – Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
ADMG171 – Maintain Patient Records
ADMG154 – Effective Business Communication
CITG127 – Introduction to Microsoft Word
CITG138 – Using Microsoft Excel
ADMI127 – Workplace Health and Safety
ADMI115 – First Aid and Medical Emergencies
ADMG107 – Customer Relationship Management
ADMG109 – Introduction to Medtech Evolution
Medical Terminology covers the following modules
ADMG141 – Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
ADMG101 – Anatomical Terms and Structures
ADMG123 – Medical Equipment and Procedures
ADMG131 – Pharmacological Terminology
ADMG124 – Musculoskeletal System
ADMG103 – Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
ADMG137 – Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
ADMG111 – Digestive and Excretory Systems
ADMG119 – The Skin
ADMG126 – Nervous and Sensory Systems
ADMG158 – Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!