Certificate in Wildlife Management
Advance your career with wildlife management studiesThe wildlife rehabilitation Ireland offering includes foundation knowledge about how parks and reserves are run, what pest control systems are commonly used, and some methods to rehabilitate vulnerable species. Learn administrative systems, understand desirable levels of species within ecosystems, and appreciate the concept of succession. This basic wildlife rehabilitation course delivers stock management information, teaches you about population monitoring, and is an excellent step toward a career in parks departments, tourism and eco-management. Enrol for a Certificate in Wildlife Management to better understand the world.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn which organisations and governing bodies influence wildlife management
- Understand predation, parasitism & The Food Web
- Learn essential knowledge critical to wildlife management systems
- Discover some career paths available in Wildlife Management
- Continue working while you expand your knowledge & become certified
- Gain knowledge around wildlife laws & policies
- Understand environmental ethics & the evolution of domestic wildlife laws
- What is Wildlife Management
- Approaches to Wildlife Management (Preservation, Conservation, Management)
- Purpose of Wildlife Management
- Decision Making (Who makes decisions, Making good decisions)
- Needs of Wildlife
- What’s a Good Habitat
- Limiting factor
- Carrying capacity
- Landscape Fragmentation
- Habitat Diversity
- Biological Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Ecology (Mutualism, Commensalisms, Competition, Predation, parasitism, herbivoury)
- Behavioural Ecology
- Population Ecology
- Community Ecology
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Interactions within a Community
- The Food Web (Derital Web, Grazing Web, Trophic Levels)
- Energy Flow
- Classification of Habitats
- Biomes, Ecosystems, Microclimates
- Timbered Biomes (Boreal Forest/ Taiga, Temperate Forest, Tropical Forest, Woodland)
- Tropical Savannah
- Temperate Grassland
- Artic Tundra
- Man Made Biomes (Urban, Agricultural)
- Wet Biomes (Mangrove, Rivers, Benthos, Pelagic, Continental Shelf, Coral Reef,
- Animal Use of Features in Biomes (Trees, Logs, Surface Rocks and Ground Cover, Creeks, Wetlands and Dams)
- Case Studies
- Changes to Habitats (Physical, Biological, Pollution)
- Water for Wildlife
- Siting Water Points
- Managing Trees
- Birth or Fecundity Rate
- Death or Mortality Rate
- Growth Rate
- Life Tables
- Cohort or Dynamic Life Tables (Age Specific)
- Static or Time Specific Life Tables
- Case Studies of different animals in different countries
- Exponential Population Growth
- What is Carrying Capacity
- Fisheries stock management (stock Identification, assessment, biomass)
- Stock Management Methods
- Introduction and census types
- Total Counts
- Sampling (Simple Random, Stratified Random, Systemic, Two Stage, Double sampling)
- Accuracy vs Precision
- Bias Errors
- Aerial Surveys
- Indirect Methods
- Mark-Recapture method
- Roadside and Call Counts
- Sampling methods for specific types of animals (ie. Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Invertebrates, Mammals etc.)
- Animal Ethics
- Case Study
- Habitat Modification
- Vegetation Management
- Predator Control
- Habitat Features
- Population Monitoring
- Captive Breeding and Release
- Culling and Cropping
- Control of pest or undesirable wildlife species
- Control Objectives
- Efficts of Control
- Control Techniques (Manipulating mortality, fertility, Genetiv Engineering, indirect methods)
- Policy and Wildlife Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Customary Laws
- Hard vs Soft Law
- Domestic/National Law
- Evolving Domestic Law
- Sources of Legislation
- Environmental Ethics
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €100 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €499.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work in parks, reserves or wildlife administration.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Caring for wildlife can start with pest control, habitat regeneration or learning to care for trees, streams and other flora. If you are considering a career in wildlife care, The Career Academy Certificate in Wildlife Management is a great jumping-off point.