Certificate in Animal Care
Explore a career caring for something you loveTake this Certificate in Animal Care and learn about categories of animals, what constitutes a companion animal, and which occupations deal with animal care. You will gain an understanding of the five freedoms of animal welfare and discover and compare common structures of various mammalian bodies. Mainly focusing on feline and canine care, this animal care training includes husbandry, veterinary procedures, an overview of diseases and the socialisation and training of domestic animals. Enrol in the Certificate of Animal Care online to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Relate the five tenets of animal welfare to real-world scenarios
- Investigate animal control laws & describe responses to emergencies
- Gain a fundamental understanding of animal care as a foundation for further learning
- Use this animal behaviour training as a stepping stone toward more specialised pathways
- Understand how to be a responsible pet or companion animal owner
- Learn online at your own pace
- Discover professions concerned with animal care
The Certificate in Animal Care comprises the following 10 courses;
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €100 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to enrol on this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors – call 01 437 8559 or email email@example.com
This course costs €499.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 140 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Canine Care Assistant or work in a Pet Shop.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
To become a Vet Nurse, you must study for at least 2-3 years at a Diploma or Degree level. This Certificate in Animal Care is an excellent introduction for those considering further study in this field.
* Excluding €25 administration fee