Animal Care and Dog Psychology Pathway
Turn what you love into what you do with dog psychology 101Take your passion out for a walk with the Animal Care and Dog Psychology Pathway. Choose one of our animal care training courses to learn basic dog training principles, how trainers approach a working dog, what controls a dog’s movements – and some fundamental principles of dog obedience training. These animal care and behaviour courses cover canine psychology, communication, senses and behavioural disorders and include a section on starting your own canine care business utilising intelligent financial management. Study dog psychology today to turn what you love into how you live.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
The Career Academy is proud to partner with:
- Understand the scope & nature of canine psychology
- Increase your knowledge on canine psychology & obedience techniques
- Learn to prepare a business plan for your canine care business
- Gain a certificate of achievement
- Understand essentials around planning for profit & VAT
- Master the fundamentals of payroll & financial statement analysis
- Enjoy one-to-one mentoring with a dedicated business coach
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Financial Statement Analysis
- One hour of one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to enrol on this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors – call 01 437 8559 or email email@example.com
This course costs €1,299.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Assistant Dog Trainer or move into a practical work experience position with a professional Dog Trainer.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
The Career Academy Animal Care and Dog Psychology Pathway is a great starting point if you want to learn to care for your animals or work towards a role alongside canine care specialists.
* Excluding €25 administration fee