Animal Care and Dog Psychology Pathway
- Understanding man’s best friend is vital for responsible owners and anyone working with dogs.
- Our online course will teach you about canine psychology, senses and behaviour, and you’ll learn basic dog and obedience training techniques.
- Study the science behind how Animal bodies works
- Start creating your own business
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Financial Statement Analysis
- One hour of one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach
- Understand how canine animals think and communicate
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
- Control the movement of dogs through training and other methods.
- Discover the roles of working dogs, and the outline of how they can be trained.
- Gain a greater understanding of animal care and managing a variety of pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, rodents and fish.
- Develop a broader awareness of health issues in domestic pets
- Examine the basic biology and structure of animals
- Learn basic fundamental theories behind training and handling companion animals.
- Learn how to turn your hobby with Animals into a business
- The Career Academy donates a portion of all course proceeds to ISPCA
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
I've never studied online before so I had no idea how this was going to go, but the price of getting a Diploma in Accounting with the Career Academy meant I didn't need a student loan. It was worth the risk.
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 01 437 8559 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
* Excluding €25 administration fee