Introduction to Abnormal Psychology (Mental Disorders)
Develop awareness of a range of common psychological disorders
- Gain an Introductory Certificate in Abnormal Psychology
- Learn a wide range of psychological disorders and ailments
- Developed and delivered by a qualified Psychologist
- Receive unlimited one-to-one tutor support
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the International Association for Counselling
Gain awareness of psychological disorders
Understand psychological ailments, Aetiology, abnormal symptoms, prognosis, and possible treatment options. Whilst the course largely mirrors classifications systems used in the DSM and ICD, the student is also encouraged to consider issues such as how do we define normality and abnormality, and when is an individual’s behaviour within the bounds of what is regarded as “normal” in society – and when is it “abnormal”.
Investment: €399 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email.
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace but ideally complete in 10 weeks.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience dealing with abnormal psychology.
- PSCG125 – Disorders Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
- PSCG120 – Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic & Cognitive Disorders
- PSCG206 – Addiction Support – Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- PSCG194 – Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- PSCG121 – Depression and Related Conditions
- PSCG103 – Anxiety Disorders
- PSCG203 – Somatoform, Factitious & Dissociative Disorders
- PSCG196 – Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- PSCG126 – Eating and Sleep Disorders
- PSCG143 – Impulse-Control Disorders & Adjustment Disorder
- PSCG176 – Personality Disorders
This course is designed for…
- Anybody wanting to expand their current understanding of psychology.
- Those looking to increase their knowledge of complex psychological issues.
- People looking to take a career step in the mental care industry.
This Course is accredited by ICOES
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Meet your Tutors
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email. Our tutors are committed to providing exceptional online courses and personal tutor support.
We offer a range of employer recognised courses as well as specialist courses to improve job performance.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!