Introduction to Abnormal Psychology (Mental Disorders)
Become more aware of the world around youAbnormal behaviour psychology is a fascinating topic which covers mental and psychological disorders, a discussion around how normal is defined, and the key criteria that allow a behaviour to be identified as abnormal psychology. This introduction to abnormal psychology helps you make sense of the world. Explore a wide range of psychology mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, addiction, and eating and sleep disorders. Learn about schizophrenia and psychosis, and understand more about impulse control and factitious and dissociative behaviours. Enrol today to increase your understanding of abnormal psychology disorders.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access within 1 business day
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Deepen your understanding
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Gain awareness of common psychological disorders
- Explore gender identity & sexual disorders
- Gain an Introductory Certificate in Abnormal Psychology
- Increase your awareness around mental disorders
- Developed and delivered by a qualified Psychologist
- Receive unlimited one-to-one tutor support
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Disorders Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic & Cognitive Disorders
- Addiction Support – Treatment for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Depression and Related Conditions
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform, Factitious & Dissociative Disorders
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Eating and Sleep Disorders
- Impulse-Control Disorders & Adjustment Disorder
- Personality Disorders
PAYMENT PLAN FROM €25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE €100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a €100 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs €399.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you will better understand the psychological makeup of people you come into contact with at work and in your personal life.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Yes. The Career Academy offers a comprehensive overview of abnormal psychology with our Introduction to Abnormal Psychology (Mental Disorders). This course is a great step towards understanding how abnormal psychology can impact the lives of people around us.