Certificate in Animal Health Care
Pathway to become a Veterinary Assistant
- Learn about common health problems in a variety of animals
- Identify common signs of ill health
- Learn about tasks carried out in a veterinary practice, and first aid procedures and treatments for different animals
- Develop a broader awareness of health issues and treatments in domestic pets
- Learn to care for animals prior to, during and after treatment
- Advance your career or lay the foundation for a career change
What do vet nurses do?
Veterinary nurses assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal diseases, illnesses and injuries. They are responsible for the welfare of the animals who stay at the clinic or surgery, and usually feed, water, clean and exercise them. They will also administer drugs, conduct tests, check stock and order drugs and other veterinary supplies, and undertake other administrative and reception duties.
Investment: €499 GST or only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 12 modules and 12 assignments, including case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email.
Duration: 120 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week. To be completed within 6 months.
This Course is accredited by ICOES
The International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only €25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!