Certificate in Wildlife Conservation Course Guide
Upskill and improve your career prospects and earning capabilities with The Career Academy. Watch this video and download your free info pack to find out more.
Dive into rich Pet & Animal Care Courses.
Grow your Animal Care Business, learn to render medical assistance to animals and understand wildlife.
Certificate in Wildlife Conservation Course Guide
- What is wildlife conservation
- The need for wildlife conservation
- Important concepts ecology, ecosystem, biome, conservation values, biological diversity, genetic drift, habitat, life span, wildlife movement and wildlife management.
- Threatening processes habitat fragmentation, habitat degradation and loss, soil degradation, erosion, pollution, unsustainable harvesting, invasive species, climate change, population isolation and disease.
- Biodiversity indicators
- Loss of species categories of risk
- Species vulnerability to endangerment
- Recovery of species and threat management
- Habitat Conservation identifying critical habitat and protecting habitat
- Research population growth, habitat use and conservation genetics
- Captive breeding
- Public involvement
- Types of Habitat eg. temperate and tropical forests, woodland, tundra and mangrove habitats
- Habitat Use
- Species Richness
- Habitat Fragmentation
- Creating Habitats
- Restoration Ecology creating habitat corridors, situating corridors, types of corridors, edge effects
- Habitat Rehabilitation implementing a land management program, determining objectives, determining a program
- The Role of GIS in Conservation
- The Role of Protected Areas levels of protection, approaches to reserve selection and limitation of reserves.
- Species Approach modelling demography, effective population size, small populations, population viability analysis (PVA)
- Landscape Approach elements of landscape ecology, distribution of populations within a landscape, landscape modelling
- Ecosystem Approach the need for ecosystem management, understanding dynamics, adaptive management, objectives for ecologically sustainable forest management.
- Observation techniques spotlighting, scat surveys, census techniques
- Trapping Techniques radio tracking, call recordings, pit fall traps, Elliot traps.
- Species identification
- Reef Surveys
- Habitat Surveys
- Aerial Surveys
- Commercial Fish Stock Management
- Farm Planning
- Urban Planning
- Use of GIS
- Managing Threatened Wildlife Populations manipulating populations, revegetation/restoration, creating corridors, pest control plans, fencing for species, fire breaks.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school’s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Here’s why they chose us:
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
FAQs about our Animal Care course
There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to enrol on this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and following the prompts.
Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors – call 01 437 8559 or email email@example.com
This course costs €549.00 or only €25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could work towards a career in Parks Management.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
You can start by completing a Certificate in Wildlife Conservation with The Career Academy. This course provides a solid foundation towards work in parks, reserves, or anywhere wildlife is managed or rehabilitated.